Wednesday, February 27, 2008

52 Blessings Week 8: Part 3


How did we get from here to here so quickly!



Luke
I am the youngest kid in my family and my mom used to always say that I was the "frosting on the cake". I always thought it was just something fun and silly she used to say to me until I met Luke Vinson Stevenson on March 12, 2007. I thought I was done having kids after two incredibly sick pregnancies, but I kept having this nagging feeling that if I didn't have just one more baby I would regret it. I am so happy we decided against better judgment to add Luke to our family as he adds the perfect touch to our little group. He couldn’t be sweeter. It wasn’t until we went on family vacation in January that we realized he could already say mama, dada, ball, no, and up. I guess that’s what happens when you are baby number three. We are so happy that “no” was not his first word. Maya taught him that on our trip. His brother and sister love to smother him with kisses and attention and love nothing more than to hear him laugh and try and say their names. He loves to follow them around and goes crazy when they go up or down stairs since he hasn’t conquered them yet. He is full of life, laughs all the time and loves to wrestle around. With Luke I have enjoyed lingering over the little moments that I didn’t always allow myself with my first two children. You can’t ever spoil a newborn baby. It’s impossible to hold them too much or rock them to sleep too much. He’s one-year old next month and this year with him has truly gone too fast in my opinion. I cheer for him with each new skill he learns but I also get a little sad that my baby is growing up.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Seriously, could he BE ANY cuter? I want to eat him.

Kanabites said...

I have enjoyed my baby a lot more too. We know that she's it and I feel bad when I don't get to rock her to sleep at night, she's 18 months. Cora will definately live up to being the 'baby' of the family.
Luke sure is a cutie! Learning about your kids and seeing pictures makes me want to come to SLC and meet up with everyone for a day at the park...

Wendi said...

What a Cutie!!!

I just stopped by to thank you for stopping by my blog today... it always makes me smile when I get over 2 comments! Thanks...I will be back!