Sunday, February 17, 2008

52 Blessings Project Week #7


Riddle: What is the greatest room in the world?

Answer: Room for improvement.

I always find the latest fashions when they are “so last season” and never hear about the cool new shows until they are on their 5th season so I am honestly happy that it’s only week 7 of the 52 Blessings Project that I am starting with. That’s an improvement for me! So for my very first thankful item I am listing 2nd chances. If we learn anything from Hollywood we should remember that it is possible to continue to reinvent ourselves until we become the people we want to be and the people we were born to be.

So reinventing ourselves Hollywood style isn't exactly what I mean, but I am grateful for the opportunity we have to learn and grow and that when we make mistakes we can try to do better the next time. I don’t have a word for 2008 like many bloggers do, but one of my main goals for 2008 is to stop complaining about the things I don’t like and try to make changes. I am trying to learn from my mistakes rather than repeat them and to continue to push myself closer to becoming the person I want to be.

Confucius: Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Sir Edmund Hillary, first to summit Everest (1953): It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh Des, I loved this post. I'm really grateful for that too. Pretty much daily!

However, I've never seen you fail at anything! You are so amazing and good.

I'm so sad that I missed our cooking class yesterday. But I look forward to taking you up on the offer to come over!

I think I'm actually feeling better today. Finally! I mean I have literally been WIPED OUT since Tuesday.

I did go to the funeral yeserday. I figured my red nose, watery eyes, and tissues would fit right in at the funeral. But I made sure to stay away from everyone.

Are your nails ready for a fill?

Desiree said...

You are way too nice. =) I will definitely have to cook that meal for someone besides Nate who doesn't pick out half the food. Then again, you and Nate have similar food dislikes so I might have to tweak the menu anyway! I got burned out on the nails for a while and had them removed. I liked having them but I hated all the appointments, my real nails still haven't recovered. Maybe I should consider a new set.

Kanabites said...

Hey I really like this 52 weeks of blessings thing and the tuesday tell all... I think they are great and it actually makes me think about my own life more and gets me thinking... Can I just start doing it as well? Or is there some rule in blogging somewhere that you have to be invited to do it or you are a rude blogger...

I too am very glad for second chances and am always trying to improve myself, sometimes it is a thing that I have to work on all the time and never can quite get it like... not eating junk food! That's my project right now! But not doing so good as today I have already eaten a couple of granola bars, not the good for you ones, and some candy. Ahh the life a mother that can't get her energy through good foods it has to be junk food...

Desiree said...

I just invited myself to join the 52 Blessings Project so I hope that it's okay!I think you find a link to the original sight on Wendi's blog.