Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tell All Tuesday on Thursday: What are you afraid of?


I really, really don't like spiders. I met an old lady once, not the one who swallowed the spider to catch the fly, but one that decided she didn't like me because my friend thought it would be silly to tell her that I skipped out on my shower that morning because I met a spider stealing all my hot water in the shower and decided it wasn't worth competing with the scary beast that day. She told me that I would be a horrible mother one day because I was afraid of spiders. I told her that I was sure once I had kids I could muster up enough courage for them, but she wasn't convinced and went home irritated at me forever after. Seriously, she never got over it. I wish I knew where she was now if she's even alive still, now that I have kids so I could recount the many spiders I have caught and set free to keep my kids happy, or squished to oblivion to help them feel safe depending on their mood. I'm great with my kids when it comes to spiders. As for when it's just me, I'll still skip a shower any day to avoid them. I'm not afraid to admit I'm afraid of spiders.

No comments: