Monday, October 15, 2007

Day out with the Girls


I’m always complaining about feeling overwhelmed and I think I’m the root of my problem. I paid my sister-in-law to watch my kids for a few days so I could get our basement organized to finish it and I spent the last day playing with friends! I called Wendi to get our nails filled and we ended up eating and shopping the rest of the day. It was soooooo worth it and sooooooo much fun. I was reminded of why I spent so much of my life following her around, she makes everything a blast.

Her friend Crystal happened to be in the car in front of her on our way to lunch and so she ended up joining us. I totally recognized her from her blog and that made my new blogging hobby all the more fun and a little creepy, I felt like a stalker. Unfortunately for my time crunch problem she was as much fun as Wendi is so I have a new blog I’m going to have to frequent. My basement isn’t any closer to being framed now, I didn’t get any of our bills off in the mail, my fridge is still empty and dirty and so on, but for a few hours I didn’t even care. I can’t wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Ha ha, I love that. I think I'm the root of MY problem too!

Thanks for a super fun day!

crystal said...

I totally felt like a stalker, too! I'm so glad we got that out in the open. Now, the next time we stalk each other in person, we won't feel as weird!

That WAS fun, though. I'm not always that weird; I was just stressed and the panic kinda snuck up on me.

Hilary said...

What a small world that you live by Cyd Farmer! Cyd and I go WAY back, kind of like you and Mary. In fact, I know that I've met you a few times over the years when I've gotten together with Mary (she'll always be 'Thunder' to me, however). Anyway, the next time you see Cyd ask her to do the 'killer laugh' for you. It's hilarious! I've really gotten into blogging as well, I didn't realize it would lead me to so many different people. It's kind of fun.

Lourdes and family said...

I truly miss our girls night out.
I wish you weren't so far away.
Miss ya! I am glad you are blogging
so I can see the kids and here about your days.