Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree





One day I will have a "pretty" Christmas tree. One day I will have a Christmas tree that looks like a department store tree; ornaments hung perfectly, creative trimming that makes people want to copy my ideas, and a shiny perfect star at the top of the tree. For now, I love this tree. Every time I walk by it my heart feels extra warm for a minute. My kids had a wonderful time decorating the tree exactly the way they wanted it to look and every day it changes a bit as they continue to rearrange it. I have kept true to my word and I haven't adjusted it one bit. The night they put on the ornaments was too fun to mess with the memory.

6 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh this just totally made my day. Thanks for the smile!

Erica said...

I love the tree! My favorite tree's are the ones covered in homemade ornaments and decorated by the kids. If I ever get a fancy tree, it will be the second one so we will still have the crazy kids tree :)

sunsetandcamden said...

I absolutely love your tree!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Desi, I love all the pictures. The tree is priceless. The dance recital looked fabulous. The gingerbread making looks fun. Your an awesome awesome mom.

Kanabites said...

I love your tree. I have one that looks just like it this year... but mine is a real tree and really charlie brown looking. It's fabulous! Congrats on your new house! Looks like your family is doing well and cute as ever! Love the halloween costumes too! Mostly I love that you and Nate dress up! I LOVE dressing up too!

rachel's thoughts said...

I loved your old red house, but cannot wait to see your new one. How goes it? We need to get together...maybe we should startup the Ethnic Dining Club, yes okay I made up the name. I love your tree, my favorite part is the clump of beads in the middle it is so pretty. Love you girl!