Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Famous People's Autographs


Our kids love all the characters all over the place in Disneyland and having them sign their books so we love to catch them walking around before the lines form. Luke was so excited to meet Winnie the Pooh and Tigger so we actually stood in line for them, but whenever Baloo was around he couldn't climb into my arms fast enough!





My favorite autograph attempt however was Stevie Wonder! Earlier in the day Space Mountain broke down while Maya and I were in line so they gave us passes to go to the front of any line. We love Finding Nemo and they don't accept fast passes so we headed on over to Nemo later in the day to redeem our passes. While we were waiting to be moved to the front of the line Nate spotted Stevie Wonder and his family getting lined up to ride Nemo, so we sneaked a quick picture. I promised the attendant that if he would let us on Stevie's sub that we wouldn't bother them, but he said we were going with them anyway! Since we had our autograph books with us anyway I asked someone in the group if it would be too intrusive on their family time if we asked Stevie Wonder to sign our books. It happened to be his brother who told us that since Stevie has always been blind and never learned to write letters that he didn't sign autographs. I asked him how he signed legal documents and he said that he used a thumb print. I said, "Well I don't have an ink pad with me today so I guess we're out of luck." So his brother, said, "Why don't you just meet him." We thought that was a great idea. We talked to him for just a few minutes, it was his birthday as well as his son's birthday so the family was out celebrating. After that we joked with his brother for a minute and then decided to leave them all in peace. It was a fun little moment.


2 comments:

dusty kay said...

How cool is that? Stevie Wonder! Maya is such a beautiful little girl!!

dlkenney said...

That was an awesome experience.