Saturday, April 19, 2008

San Diego Temple

Andy wanted to take a picture of the temple and I think he did a pretty good job fitting it all in. When we first arrived at the grounds the sister missionaries wanted the kids to take a quiz about the temple and prophets but they were so squirmy they let the kids off the hook. After walking around the grounds in the heat for a while they were ready to sit in the shade with the sister missionaries and I was impressed that they aced the quiz.


I love the San Diego temple, it is so beautiful. I tried to talk Nate into getting married here years ago, but he wanted to be closer to home so all of our family would attend, crazy guy. It was nice to be able to talk to the kids about the importance of temples and to see Maya get excited about getting married in a white dress someday instead of in her little rainbow dress that she tries to wear every day of the week.



6 comments:

E said...

You seriously have the most beautiful children!

And I have to agree that that temple is quite stunning.

Natalie said...

Funny, we were just in San Diego too! Glad you had a fun time, and I agree that the best part of the zoo is the bus!

Desiree said...

It's my favorite temple, it's just beautiful. Natalie, I forget that you guys don't driving down there, next time we should meet in San Diego. Our next meeting there is actually in Cancun instead, you should come on down!

crystal said...

What a fun vacation! I had to laugh when I read about little Maya getting excited to wear a white dress instead of her favorite rainbow gown. That sounds EXACTLY like Mimi!

No mother of 3 children has the right to be as hot as you are. So unfair.

Desiree said...

Your posts about Mimi remind me a lot of Maya too. I think they'd get along great!

dlkenney said...

Desi, hi this is Daphne, I found your blog by accident. You have very adorable children. I also love the San Diego Temple.