Monday, August 25, 2008

Bingham Copper Mine


We live near Bingham Copper Mine and from the side view I think it is quite ugly. We decided to drive up through Butterfield Canyon, which is beautiful, to check the view from above and I thought it was so cool. The view is much better from above.

Originally for family night we were going to go on a hike but since the mountains on the other side of the valley were on fire, we switched our plans to visit the upper view of the copper mine. You can still see the smoke from the fire earlier in the day.


Don't let Maya's grin deceive you. When I asked her to take this photo she was convinced we were trying to have her fall down into the mine. She just wanted to get back in the car and get the picnic started. Andy was doing homework on the drive up and said, "Mom, can I take a break from this and enjoy the beautiful drive." The kid is like his parents and loves mountains and trees and nature in general.


Luke, wasn't quite sure what the point of the activity was, but was happy enough singing along to all the songs on the drive with his baby babbling. He's really into singing these days.

8 comments:

Erica said...

I'm glad to see you've updated your blog! We miss seeing you already. By the way, I love Luke's shirt in the picture. Ryan and Carter wear them on the same day so they can be "buddies"

Wendi said...

Yay! A post from Des! It's about time--I've been checking!

Wasn't that fire crazy--we could see the smoke clear over here in Utah County.

We went for a drive yesterday to check it out too.

Dawna said...

welcome back! been busy?

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Sounds like a fun activity. How do you look so pretty with 3 kids, standing near the copper mine? They should use you in an ad.

Kanabites said...

yahoo, good to see you again!

Natalie said...

Nice to see what you are doing! Andy sounds like he's 15. Spencer has never said the words beautiful and scenery in the same sentence. Maybe he's never said them at all!

Desiree said...

I can't promise I'll be back for too long, but I've missed recording our stuff too. (PS Andy, probably still has tantrums like a 2-year old so it all balances out!)

dlkenney said...

We missed the fire up here, but we were on a family vacation in Emery County and were close enough to their forest fire that we could feel the heat and had ashes falling on our heads. I have never been to the bingham mine, I will have to take my kids there sometime.